Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fainting

Blog readers,
The other day (tuesday) I fainted for the first time EVER. Such a strange experience and who knows if it will happen again so I have to document it. I don't know why it happened. Maybe because I took one of my codeine pills for my leg and those sometimes make me a little light-headed. But nothing like this. So I took it and felt like normal, then about an hour later, I had a headache/stomachache combo and just felt awful. Unfortunately, that combination is not rare for me so I didn't think much of it. I had dinner with my mom and sister since I hadn't eaten for a while ( I had a turkey burger and salad it was delicious) and I just felt like I was going to throw up. My mom was telling me something and taking forever to tell her story and I just remember thinking hurry up! And I was nearly falling into my salad plate. Next thing I know I am lying on the ground and my mother is SCREAMING my name over and over. I felt so weak like I couldn't move. Plus my head and stomach felt worse than ever. The weird thing is it was like I was waking up from a dream because I could kind of remember what I was thinking about, but it slipped away from me really quickly. Apparently my mom had been calling my name for like 3 minutes and I was just lying there in a blackout. I was so hot and clammy when I woke up and my dad brought me a pillow and cold cloth for my head (so thoughtful) so I could rest on the ground. Then I went upstairs and got in my bed and rested for the remainder of the night.
Sadly, this is the most exciting thing that has happened to me all summer. Oh well! But now I am scared to take my pain meds again which is really unfortunate because they help so much. Well that's it for now. Except for today I nearly couldn't breathe at work and kept coughing so I think I might be developing asthma. Which would be cool because I've always wanted an inhaler and it would be nice to have something to help with the coughing fits. Well more news if that turns into anything! xoxox

1 comment:

  1. The same thing happened to me last semester! I fainted while waiting in line at a restaurant. Completely randomly, I hadn't felt sick at all before. When I got home I fell asleep & woke up an hour later DRENCHED in sweat. I didn't think anything of it, but then about a week later while I was driving home from school, I lost my vision, speech & my face and left arm went numb! Super scary. I had an MRI done the next day because the doctors thought I had suffered a stroke (WTF!? I was 21!), but nothing showed up on my results! They just related it to stress. Not trying to scare you at all haha, I doubt any of that will happen to you, but maybe if you've been feeling stressed lately, that has something to do with it??

    Hope you're doing well!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete