Friday, April 6, 2012

Apparently I'm an 80 year old woman

So it's been a while since I've updated. Just to fill you in here is what has been going on. I broke my hip. Normal for an elderly woman, but NOT for a 20 year old girl. The doctors were shocked and disturbed. None of them could really explain it. What happened was, I was running an 800 (for Little50), and my hip was killing me, but I just wanted to finish it. As I am close to finishing, it's hurting so badly and I hear this pop and then my leg goes out on me. It was honestly the most excruciating pain I have ever felt in my life. The paramedics are called and they have to come down to the track to lift me onto a stretcher (I was literally biting my hand to keep from screaming from pain) and take me to an ambulance to the hospital. It was the first time I had ever been in an ambulance, so that was exciting I guess. And the drivers were both incredibly nice. We get to the hospital, I'm given x-rays, and then told I broke my hip. I couldn't believe it. I honestly thought I'd just pulled a muscle. So I had surgery the next morning and thank goodness my mom came to stay with me the whole weekend and take care of me. I don't know what I would do without her.
Anyways, I am supposed to be on crutches for 6-8 weeks. That is crazy! I'm so bummed mainly because this is the most fun part of the semester. Everyone is out and about running, biking, and just having fun and I can't be a part of any of it. Plus it's little 5. I know it's not the worst thing in the world, and at least I will be okay for most of the summer, but I just had to whine for a little bit. So I'm living the crutch life and limping to all my classes. I went to most of them this week, so I was pretty proud of myself. Next week I probably won't miss any because I don't want to get too behind or sacrifice any of my grades. I am so sad I can't go home this weekend for Easter, but at least it will be a good opportunity to rest up and catch up on homework. Maybe I'll also do something fun to cheer myself up like paint my nails! I wish I could go out and do something, but moving is a bit painful still. Alright enough complaining, time for some inspiration.















Love that quote.





Can you tell I'm excited for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment