Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Notes from a Dragon Mom
I just read this article and it almost made me cry. Not because it's terribly sad, which it is. But because I could relate to the mother in it on so many levels. From the sounds of the article, my sister has (kind of) a similar disease to her child. Anyways, the point is that both children will die prematurely and suffer throughout their lives. My sister's disease has taken such a toll of my life--taking away a large part of my happiness and filling it with incredible sadness. I think about it every day, probably every hour, and I cannot imagine it getting any better. But it is 100 times harder for my mom. Burying a child is probably the hardest thing to do. It goes against the natural order of life. Sure, when someone's grandmother dies, that sucks. But when someone dies prematurely when they are loved and needed by people, that is the worst thing in the world. It is something that is impossible to understand unless you, too, have lost someone too soon. It's so easy to live life day to day without a care in the world, but until something truly awful happens to you, which not many people have experienced, you do not know the real meaning of suffering or pain. I hate that people have to go through these experiences, both of having a terrible disease and being in pain as well as those who have to watch and hurt for that person every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment