Thursday, May 31, 2012

Internal locus of control

I have realized lately that I have a very high internal locus of control. This means that basically I believe that I control everything that happens to me. But it also makes me feel guilty pretty much all the time because I think everything is my fault. Sometimes even if I tell myself no this isn't your fault, I don't really believe it. I just think I should have complete control over myself and over everything in my life. I think I should be able to help everyone and make their lives better. But I can't always do that and it's so frustrating. Even when someone tells me something isn't my fault, I still believe it at least partially is.
I don't know why I'm going on about this. I guess it comes with the territory of being a psych major. It's good because I really do accept responsibility, but sometimes I just accept too much I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment